Monday, March 14, 2016
Friday, February 26, 2016
- Milo for a little lady: Pattern by Georgie Hallam, yarn: sirdar snuggly DK, no mods, did 3 month size
- Emo Unicorn socks: part of the #rainbowalong with Suburban Stitcher, I finished these socks. 64 stitches, toe up, on 2.5 knitpro zings, fishlipskissheel. Yarn is Emo Unicorn by Yarnvszombies in the Damsel base
- Rainbow-flavored Albers Cowl: pattern is Albers Cowl by Ann Weaver, made out of rainbow minis from Happy Go Lucky Yarn and anothercraftygirl, some mods b/c I can't read patterns. Not sure I'll get this done in time to submit for the #rainbowalong but I'm going to try!
- A baby blanket: some stash, grandmother's favorite dishcloth pattern and size 9 needles for a very knitworthy mama and baby girl
- Tightpants Foolproof: Pattern by Louise Zass Bangham, out of Into the Whirled Captain Tightpants 2 ply Rambouilet, part of the Culitvate and Create knitspiration KAL
- Asbury Park KAL by iknit2purl2 out of Narcissa Malfoy colorway by ShelbieBdesigns. Part of #donthoardtheprecious and #knityobawls KALS. KAL ends on March 15th so I better get smurfin'!
- Bugga and knit the Richochet, not runicble as mentioned in the episode
- Roadtrip out of my flying kettle speckled
- Twist Fiber studio fiber and spin
- Kino Knits
- Unraveled with Greg and Joey
- Perfectly Unique by Anne F. Downs
- Lets All be Brave by Anne F. Downs
- Reframe by Brian Hardin
Friday, February 12, 2016
- I gave up Instagram and Facebook for Lent. That’s why you won’t see me on there until Easter! Oh and Dunkin Donuts coffee!
- Endless Rainbow by Martina Behm; yarn from Highland Handmades in the Endless Rainbow kit, in my knittingsmybag, protected by my kitchencountercrafter wip cozy. scripture: Hebrews 13:5, “Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you”.
- WesternSkyKnits in the Poppyseed colorway, merino/tussah silk blend
- Milo for a little lady by Georgie Hallam: in Sirdar Snuggly DK, Stitchmarker stash from purlsmith on etsy. getting ready to start the heart cabling, I go down the rabbit hole about Matt Smith as the 10th Doctor here a bit
- Emo Unicorn by yarnvszombies socks are almost done. These are also being done as part of the Rainbowalong hosted by Suburban Stitcher
- Asbury Park KAL by iknit2purl2 in my Narcissa Malfoy for my #knityobawls for February and my #dhtp KALs for this month
- cocky in Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Bulky
- Use wips for your pink/red/purple bawls for february knityobawls
- use wips for DHTP (Don’t Hoard the Precious) KAL Winners of KALs announced! If that’s you, PM me on Rav.
The Storehouse Principle by Al Jandl and Van Crouch
Saturday, January 30, 2016
- ChristianCrafter sent me a glorious Make it Work hat from the FruJu colorway. I love it!
- Ecken and Kaken gifted to me from Mimers
- One Love gifted to me from CaroilnaSpinner
- Finished Baby Garter Earflap hat by Purlbee from Purl Soho. Yarn is left over Peepaloo Fields in the colorway Tickled on her DK base.
- Finished Spinning: UrbanGypz Little Bursts of Happy on merino/tencel base. 222 yds of a two ply.
- Ten dollar Granny: Granny square from chenille yarn from Herrschners.com. It was a dollar a ball, y'all. I've got 10 balls o' chenile yarn goodness.
- After the Storm Endless Rainbow: Endless Rainbow by martina behm, yarn is an Endless Rainbow kit from Heather of Highland Handmades
- Milo for a sweet baby girl out of heavily marinated DK Sirdar Snuggly. Milo is by Georgie Hallam.
- Slippers by Biscotte are in time out. It's not the pattern; it's me.
- Foolproof by Louise Zass Bingham out of my Captain Tightpants handspun
- chai hat from the Tea Collection
- A washcloth for Sr. Love along
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
SPK 146: 39
Thank you for sharing part of my birthday with me!
- A Blue View from the Charles by Jennifer Lassonde, Project page with yarn details is here
- Cancer-kickin Barley by Tin can knits; details on the project are here
- Every Day I fight, Every Day Brew by Clare Devine
- Granny Square Scrap blanket
- The Rainbow after the Storm
- Stitch minder by sucresucreminiatures on etsy
- Slippers of Course
- In my Girlcavebags bag
- Asbury Park KAL hosted by iknit2purl2, which will be used for SPKDHTP and SPKKNITYOBAWLS, KAL begins on 1 FEB, in my Twist Fiber Studio bag
- Garter Baby Ear Flap hat by Purl Soho and Milo by Georgie Hallam for a friend's coming baby girl
- Handspun from the lovely Allie!
Friday, January 8, 2016
- Gallatin Scarf by Kris Basta out of my Highland Handmade's handspun in the Prism colorway. I ran out of yarn and used some Prism on HH White Ash Worsted which saved the day! I finished this as the first official FO for the #SPKDHTP or #donthoardtheprecious yearlong KAL. I used size 7 needles. I had plenty of yarn left over (or so I thought) so I did a few more repeats until I lost at yarn chicken. It's a free download on Ravelry.
- Friends of the Forest Sox: I finished my Christmas Eve cast on with LittleBobbins Knits Podcast. I used my addi sock rockets in 2.5, yarn is Friends of the Forest on Highland Handmades Striped Maple Sock. I did a fish lips kiss heel on both and did a twisted rib cuff.
- I am participating in the CTA Spin the Bin 2016 and the Caffeinated Knitting Spin along. I finished my Hobbledehoy Heart of Gold battlings and Twist Fiber Studio batt to create 266 yds of a glorious 2 ply. I've noticed that my default spinning method is moving closer and closer to long draw.
- I'm currently spinning Little Bursts of Happiness from UrbanGypz
- Where I yammer about finishing Miss Fischer, and Broadchurch and discover Sherlock
- I frogged my Loony friends b/c I want to use the yarn to knit Adama by Hilary Smith Callis
- I want to knit the Loony Friends hat in my knittyandcolor handspun in Ain't it Fun
- I want to use my handspun for Mrsshoo's Knitspiration KAL. Her group is Cultivate and Create and can be found here
- I picked up my Endless Rainbow and knit a section of orange from the recommendation of a view. It signifies my recovery from Hairy Cell Leukemia.
- Emo Unicorn Sox on 2.5 needles. yarn is Emo Unicorn from Yarn vs. Zombies in her Damsel base.
- Restarted on my View from the Charles. I got on the wrong side and the piece looked more like a boomerang instead of a triangle.
- Dragonfly Fibers in Djinni Sock in Azalea
- High Roller
- Fatcat Knits in Child's Play Gradient
- Hats for Grammy Winner: Greenemel aka Melanie
- Holly Jolly Y'all KAL: Phoenixfire aka Tracy